1. 首页
  2. 英文单词

renounce是什么意思-renounce的中文翻译-词根-怎么读音-例句

renounce是什么意思(基本释义,中文翻译)

renounce:If you renounce a belief or a way of behaving, you decide and declare publicly that you no longer have that belief or will no longer behave in that way.

v. 宣布放弃;与……断绝关系

renounce是什么意思-renounce的中文翻译-词根-怎么读音-例句

renounce读音音标

英 [rɪˈnaʊns] 美 [rɪˈnaʊns]

renounce词根

单词renounce里的词根nounce来自古法语renoncier ,表示“说话”,所以,在英语里包含nounce的单词,多与此相关。例如:

announce /əˈnaʊns/ v. 宣布

pronounce /prəˈnaʊns/ v. 发音,断言

pronounced /prəˈnaʊnst/ adj. 显著的,明显的

denounce /dɪˈnaʊns/ v. 谴责,告发

前缀re表示向后,往回,所以,re+nounce=收回说过的话→拒绝承认,宣布放弃

renounce词根视频讲解

renounce的例句

Imagine that in 2060 the world had, through a vast effort, renounced 90% of its fossil-fuel use. To offset the remaining recalcitrant 10% would still require a sink capable of soaking up about 1bn tonnes of carbon a year. The industrial systems for taking carbon dioxide from the air currently on the drawing board operate at barely a thousandth of that scale. Creating such a flow through photosynthesis would require a plantation about the size of Mexico.

想象一下,在2060年,通过巨大的努力,全球放弃使用90%的化石燃料。但要抵消剩余的10%的顽固化石燃料,还需要一个每年能够吸收大约10亿吨碳的场所。目前正在设计中的从空气中提取二氧化碳的工业系统,其运行规模仅为这个需求的千分之一。通过光合作用创造这样的流量需要大约一个墨西哥大小的种植园。

——《经济学人》

本文来自网络整理,不代表David英语学习网站立场,如若侵权,请联系博主!

本文标题:renounce是什么意思-renounce的中文翻译-词根-怎么读音-例句

发表评论

登录后才能评论


联系我们

18721508948

在线咨询:点击这里给我发消息

邮件:2692003558@qq.com